Av2 does anybody teach mage skill?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Av2 does anybody teach mage skill?
Apprentice
Member # 7056
Profile #0
Hi all. I remember solberg in AV1 taught mage up to level 5. Is there anyone who does that in av2? (don't tell me who, just if it exist.)

And is there anyone who does that with the priest skill? My mage and priest are maxed out in their spells and intelligence is getting expensive. I want more spell points but i don't want to waste the skill points if i can train in priest and mage.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
There is a place where you can purchase Magery extra skill that improves effectiveness of all mage and priest spells. (You can also raise that skill in a couple additional places.)

However, I don't think you can purchase Mage skill itself.

EDIT: According to Schrodinger's faq, there are 2 places to purchase Magery skill, one more expensive than another.

[ Tuesday, April 25, 2006 13:40: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 7056
Profile #2
Yeah i found both of those. (or three).I guess i just better up my mage and priest skill to get those spell points.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Magery doesn't give you more spell points, and you can't purchase the skills that do. Leveling and are your options.

—Alorael, who has never purchased caster skills in the Avernum trilogy. There appears to be a downside to having mage/priests in A1.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7056
Profile #4
Yeah, i know that magery doesn't increase spell points. I was just hoping that there was someone that taught mage spells to lvl 5 like in AV1. I was pleasantly surprised to get my fighters up to lvl 5 magic users for cheap. Oh well. better spend those skill points in now.