A2 - Why am I getting ill everytime?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2 - Why am I getting ill everytime?
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #0
Message: "You start to feel very ill. You are filled with nausea, and bits of your hair start to fall out."
Why?!?!?!
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by Facsimilicious:

If you have any metal bars, check them. Unidentified ones just may be uranium, which diseases your entire party. Gauntlets may be Pyrrhic Gauntlets, which also cause disease. Those are the two big mysterious sources of contagion in A1 and A2.

—Alorael, who doesn't think the gauntlets are cursed and who knows the uranium isn't. Drop them and everything is fine except for very angry Avernites.

The search function can save you a lot of time that would be spent waiting for a reply. Not that it did in this case, but still. Self-reliance and all that. Makes you a better person.

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 17:39: Message edited by: St. Ashby the Martyr ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 6977
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by St. Ashby the Martyr:

quote:

If you have any metal bars, check them. Unidentified ones just may be uranium, which diseases your entire party. Gauntlets may be Pyrrhic Gauntlets, which also cause disease. Those are the two big mysterious sources of contagion in A1 and A2.

—Alorael, who doesn't think the gauntlets are cursed and who knows the uranium isn't. Drop them and everything is fine except for very angry Avernites.

The search function can save you a lot of time that would be spent waiting for a reply. Not that it did in this case, but still. Self-reliance and all that. Makes you a better person.

I don't think he would have been able to find this text with the search feature, since "ill" "nausea" and "hair falling out", all key terms in the message displayed by the game, don't appear anywhere in the text you quoted. Even "sick" doesn't appear; only "disease" or "contagion" would have done the trick.

So what exactly did you want him to search for? The text you found doesn't make a strong case for the use of the search function.

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 18:22: Message edited by: Old Scratch ]

--------------------
Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, it was the uranium bar that I have, thanks for the information
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
A search for "ill sick" yields three threads, two of which answer the question. I found these results on my second try, after narrowing down my terms.

Search didn't lead me to Alorael's post; it led me to the thread the post was in.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 6977
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by St. Ashby the Martyr:

A search for "ill sick" yields three threads, two of which answer the question. I found these results on my second try, after narrowing down my terms.

Search didn't lead me to Alorael's post; it led me to the thread the post was in.

No worries; I'm just being difficult. (Sorry!)

It's just that I've been through the whole "search for a pre-existing, relevant thread for hours before starting your own topic, lest you annoy the board veterans" song and dance a number of times before. It can be a real pain, and it almost always takes vets less time to answer a repost than it takes the newie to look for a pre-existing topic that answers his question.

--------------------
Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.
Warrior
Member # 61
Profile #6
quote:

—Alorael, who doesn't think the gauntlets are cursed and who knows the uranium isn't.
Just being nitpicking, but both the gauntlets and the uranium are cursed items, but since you can't equip a uranium bar, it doesn't "stick" to you and therefore can be dropped at anytime.

--------------------
I love talking about nothing, its the only thing I know anything about.