Still can't get into prison in A1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Still can't get into prison in A1
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #0
I beat the game by finding the surface... Trying to kill the demon now... I have made my way through skarragath and I have explored the prison but I cannot get into the north room. I found the portals along the north wall through a secret passage but the first portal just portals me inside and I found no way to disable the 2nd portal... I have the dagger of athame to free him from the bottle... but I just can't get to the bottle. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
You probably should've just replied to your own topic, rather than creating a new one.

There's also, um, a secret passage in the southwest corner of the town, going into one of the outside buildings.

I'm doing this from memory, mind you, so I may be missing something vital.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #2
I created a new topic because I thought the old title wouldn't lead to many replies... Are you referring to the town of Skarragoth?
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #3
Wow, I found it now... thanks... I never would have thought to check a random area south when I had complete access to the tower... sheesh!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
You can change the title by editing the first post. Also, don't double-post; edit instead.

Glad you found it.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 07:15: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #5
Now you ended the game?
Or now you are in the Hawthorne quest?
Maybe you would need help too, but maybe you should continue this topic...
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #6
I beat quest 1 and got frustrated at this point... started Avernum 2 just to check out the beginning of the game.. went back to 1, killed grah-hoth and got to the portal... but since I didn't have all the brooches, I couldn't get past... I had accomplished enough in the game to stop and prep for Av 2.

I am completely new to spiderwebgames and I was very impressed with A1, despite a few ridiculous hidden, but necessary tunnels required for quests... or silly things missed like this. I refuse to look up things until I am beyond frustrated.. which I was for this and the rune "puzzle" for the scimitar hidden orb. Fantastic game.

I am now taking a break from videogames, which I do after every game, and lasts for 2 days or so...

Then it is on to Space Rangers 2... then probably back to A2... Also should get some more hl2 in along with Xenosaga... then kotor 2... Trying to find a balance of what I crave and how much of the more hardcore gaming(Avernums and space rangers and kotor 2) I can handle before going back to less brain using games such as the Xenosaga and HL2.