Avernum 2 - Cant progress

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 2 - Cant progress
Apprentice
Member # 4404
Profile Homepage #0
I'm in the Snake Cult dungeon and I went down one of the pits, I destroyed the altar and freed the guy down there and then saved..

Thats where my problem comes from.

I saved down there and theres no other way to leave then up the stairs, the problem is, there is 3 slith priests and they sure love to use Divine Fire - the bane of my Avernum 2 character's exsistance.

How the heck am I suppost to get out if I keep getting all my HP blasted away every round? And then having the warriors tossing spears after..

Then on top of that, they'll do the mass mind control spell to my warriors or put my healers to sleep..

Divine Fire is pretty badly balanced..

How do I get out of this?

--------------------
People says Microsoft paid 14 million dollars for using the Rolling Stones song "Start me up" in their commercials. This is wrong. Microsoft paid 14 million dollars only for a part of the song. For instance, they didn't use the line "You'll make a grown man cry".
Warrior
Member # 182
Profile #1
Yeah, this is a tough one. I have died often there, usually when my fighters are turned against me.

Do the usual stuff - haste, bless and shield everyone before you go up those stairs. Try to take out those magic users first, esp the priests. One technique I tried was to change my party order so that the magic users went first as they have higher mental resistances. This way you start the first round with the whole party under your control.

If all that fails, there is always the character editor! I have been known to use it to healand energise my characters before that fight.

Oh and you don't actually have to go through that room to complete the quest, you can usually kill the slith leader using spells and missiles from the entry level as he comes out when you walk past. But given that you are where you are unfortunately you have no choice about going through that room now. Sorry.

--------------------
All things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door.
Apprentice
Member # 4404
Profile Homepage #2
ill give it a shot

--------------------
People says Microsoft paid 14 million dollars for using the Rolling Stones song "Start me up" in their commercials. This is wrong. Microsoft paid 14 million dollars only for a part of the song. For instance, they didn't use the line "You'll make a grown man cry".