A3: Rentar-Ihrnos Keep...wheres Erika?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A3: Rentar-Ihrnos Keep...wheres Erika?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #0
Every time I get to the control panel, I get transported out again...Isnt Erika supposed to show up? I have her amulets, and they're activated, but she seems to still be sitting in that tower of hers doing nothing....help!

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Sounds like you haven't set all the beams properly. Go back and make sure you didn't miss any.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #2
all the beams are set to go into the centre....maybe this is a bug, and if thats the case, Im never going to get it finished!

--------------------
---------------------
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #3
Rentar will teleport you over or around 10 times. It will say "Rentar is drained by constantly teleporting you" or somewhat then once you get to the panel and get teleported out over or around 10 times then Erika will appear. If you dont wont to trust a n00b go ahead.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
It's actually 5 times, I believe.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
It's five times if you haven't gotten and activated Erika's amulets. If you have, Erika appears the first time you charge Rentar-Ihrno after setting all the beams. If she doesn't, you've missed a beam or two.

If you don't have the amulets, you're in for some fun while charging the panel five times.

—Alorael, who is willing to bet large sums of money that there is no bug in your copy of Avernum. Note that some lasers can't be activated in the order that you reach the switched because the beams will block your path.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #6
Ive lost count of the mumber of times Ive got to the panel....the amulets are charged, I checked the special items list, went back to Erika and talked to her about it, she said I already have the boon, I remember clicking 'yes' to have them activated....this is driving me crazy!!!

--------------------
---------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
This means the beams were not set properly. Go back and make sure.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #8
If you don't have a saved game that lets you start at the beginning of Rentar's keep, you can reset the basement beams at the control panel in Rentar's Great Hall (after being teleported back 5 times) by pressing the upper left button.

There are ten buttons in the basement. The NE area is tricky; press the southernmost button first to avoid a lot of confusion.

If you accepted Erika's amulet, she will show up in the Great Hall if you pushed all the buttons correctly in the basement.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #9
1 of those beams are set in a very tricky place, behind a veiled door. make sure to charge it. Oh, have you talked to jeff.... maybe that can help :)

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Apprentice
Member # 3102
Profile #10
Whoops, wrong thread.

[ Sunday, January 23, 2005 17:43: Message edited by: Faede ]