Accessing places before become popular.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Accessing places before become popular.
Apprentice
Member # 5238
Profile #0
Are there differences in going to Abyss, Empire lands, or Lower Avernum(Avernum) when you're not popular or unpopular?
Mainly I would love to be a thief or Scimitar-type member earlier.

And can I do any evil quests for the Empire?

--------------------
Those friendly spiders & roaches are driving me INSANE. TW0!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Having a high reputation helps you out all over. I don't have a list of all the places, but I'm sure they apply somewhere in the Abyss, and certainly in Avernum. I'm not positive about the Empire Lands, though. Most of your time in there is just spent fighting, and fighting rarely requires reputation.

A low reputation never has any benefit.

You can steal anytime, although there aren't many grand heists to pull off. You can join Scimitar in A1 by doing the required quests and having the requisite reputation anytime, I think.

No, you cannot work for the Empire.

—Alorael, will add that you can only get to all of the Abyss in A1 and part of it in A2, that the Empire Lands exist only in A2, and that Avernum is just Avernum except in A3, where there is Upper Avernum and the rest of Avernum, which you can't reach.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5238
Profile #2
Isn't there a drug you can sell/traffic?
Or certain treasure you can steal, eg: King's?

--------------------
Those friendly spiders & roaches are driving me INSANE. TW0!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
The only illegal drug in the Avernum Trilogy is skribbane, and it only exists in A3 in the Empire. You can steal... er. Dexter in Almaria in A1 will give you a few evil quests. There's another one in A2 in (I think) Almaria, but my Classic mode is broken right now, so I can't open A2 and check.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
You can also loot the treasury in Formello, but you probably shouldn't.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #5
you can always steal the anama treasure in A3. Its simple. Just join anama & go up to the 2nd floor of anama temple at Shaydar. Enjoy. You can also get to smuggle skribbane herbs from delis to pergies, & from Shaydar to Lorelei. Have fun! :D

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...