Finished the game, have a few questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Finished the game, have a few questions
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #0
This is my first runthrough of A3 and I just finished. I've got a few questions about it, though:
Question one: Is there any way to start the Tower of Magi boom thing before day 160? I destroyed Rehntar's fortress on day 132 or something; I want to play the whole game but sitting around for 30 days doesn't sound very appealing.
Question Two: Is there any way to avoid Erika's getting killed if you accepted her boon? I didn't like having her die. :/
Question three: Is there any way to keep playing after you defeat Rehntar? After the cut scene looped and I clicked my mouse button my choices were "Quit", "Reload", and "Restart." What happened to the post-end-game freedom of A1 and A2?

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
1.) There isn't. The quickest method is to use the character editor to set the day, or to repeatedly rest in some room (for example in Fort Emergence).

2.) I don't think so. The only way to avoid it is to not take her boon. I did that - it's one hell of a tough battle, but eventually you'll get there. I think she only has energy for 4-5 teleports or so, then you can walk up to the dais and activate the mechanism (assuming you're still in one piece after all that).

3.) That's why I didn't like A3 as much either... I want to have time for exploring. I couldn't have it before the end because of the time pressure, and afterwards it just ends. Mean.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Eferas Cirthain:

1.) There isn't. The quickest method is to use the character editor to set the day, or to repeatedly rest in some room (for example in Fort Emergence).

2.) I don't think so. The only way to avoid it is to not take her boon. I did that - it's one hell of a tough battle, but eventually you'll get there. I think she only has energy for 4-5 teleports or so, then you can walk up to the dais and activate the mechanism (assuming you're still in one piece after all that).

3.) That's why I didn't like A3 as much either... I want to have time for exploring. I couldn't have it before the end because of the time pressure, and afterwards it just ends. Mean.

1)Thanks. I didn't know you could change it in the editor, though...how convenient.
2)Oh, so that's how you kill her...after she teleports you a bunch, huh? I tried doing it before turning on all the beams, and she just kept healing herself until my singleton ran out of energy elixirs. Bah.
3)Drat. All well.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #3
Even if you did eventually kill her you wouldn't beat the game because you weren't supposed to kill her in the first place. The only way to beat it is to turn on all beams and get to the pedestal.

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."