(Yet another) Failed Scenario...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: (Yet another) Failed Scenario...
Apprentice
Member # 5092
Profile #0
Alas, my ideas will never be realized!!!!

*Sobs like a schoolgirl*

This is not a request for anything!! I just felt like I should at least bring SOMETHING to my fellow spidweb freaks, (in a good way!) so, here at least is a shortened version of what was the introduction...

Some people deligate, others, are deligated. Some people forge weaponry, others, put them to use. You, fell into the latter of both.

Adventurers are the rough, the anti-social slayers for higher. They all share one thing in common though, curiosity.

So it comes as no suprise that the first thought to your mind when you woke to find a deep scarlett lettering lacquered upon your bedroom wall was, adventure.

Be (censored) if you knew what it meant though. The message's creepy vagueness just added to it's appeal. "IM DR AMI G OF A BL E INTER IN E EN"

You recognized the town name immediately, Eden. You had your lead. Who cares why, right? It's a quest.

Men with steel are just big children...

lol, well I only got into the second town by the time I realized, I have no friggen clue what I am doing! So...Another Scenario is aborted.....WHY!?
Warrior
Member # 4886
Profile #1
Well, I suggest not making the storyline up as you make the scenario (if that's what your are doing), and try to complete the storyline in your head first and then make the scenario.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Two things immediately come to mind: first, the idea of producing fanfiction as a substitute for scenarios is intriguing, because it is so much easier — perhaps we ought to encourage this whenever people feel they cannot manage a scenario; and second, GAH SPELLING GAH. I hope you were planning to do a thorough spellcheck before releasing this scenario, or else it would've be quite annoying to play.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
The spelling, apart from deligate and scarlett (did I miss others?), wasn't the real problem. The punctuation is, shall we say, creative in the Terry Pratchett sense (just leave out a few of those commas).

The introduction sounds creative; but before you get to designing, you should maybe get more of the story down. Not that I can talk; I've been at the plot of my scenario for three years now without getting a single town finished, so it's rivalling Drakey's work by now.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Apprentice
Member # 5092
Profile #4
Uh, thanks to all who replied! lol, I just felt like throwing Something (!) out there.... I am playing with the scen. editor, but I can't figure anything out! However, this is not the editor board, so yeah...

That was just a shortened version (and as of yet, unspellchecked, that was a later issue) of the intro, the storyline is already done, but that would take up ALOT of space, lol. Thx for the support though, but really, don't get hopeful, my skills with the editor are well..................B-A-D.

Man, I wish some of you with more skill would hurry though! I'm tired of playing the same scen.s!
Apprentice
Member # 5048
Profile #5
Ehhh, I dunno about fanfic K...

Maybe some sort of passworded online scenario wiki/editor would help by making collaboration more practical - anyone?

Hey, don't look at me, I only know python.

Monk, no offense, but a whole scenario is about 10^6 x as much work as writing such an introduction.
Apprentice
Member # 5092
Profile #6
No offense taken, I've made a bit of progress with my scenario, and I know now just how monumental the workload is... Dark clouds are looming now though, it seems impossible for me to progress any further without more understanding of scripts... Alas...
Apprentice
Member # 5134
Profile #7
How can I make a senario?

--------------------
Don't do that.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
Download the editor here and read the docs.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
Edit: Kelandon beat me. :P

[ Tuesday, October 26, 2004 09:24: Message edited by: Of Silver were her lanterns made ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5134
Profile #10
It didn't work.
Oh well. I would just make one room in my senario and put a horde of doom guards.

--------------------
Don't do that.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
Your signature is adequate reply for your post. :)

--------------------