Should I bother to get this game?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Should I bother to get this game?
Apprentice
Member # 4919
Profile Homepage #0
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Exile Trilogy and Blades of Exile.
I haven't played those games for a while, and kinda want something new to spark my interest and keep it going. Since the Avernum Trilogy is so similar to the Exile Trilogy, I don't want to spend my money on a game that's pretty much just been remade.
So, I decided on this game. I enjoyed Blades of Exile, even though I didn't play it too much because of lack of spare time, and I'm having a little difficulty getting back into the game.
So, I was wondering... is this game worth the money I'd spend on it? Does it wear off fast, is it easy to pick up on, is it easy to build scenarios, etc.?
Thank you!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
It is not, at this point, easy to build scenarios. If you have a Mac and can use the 3D Editor, it is far easier, and Alint is a pretty good debugging program (cross-platform!), so it's getting easier, but it's still pretty hard.

However, playing scenarios is very intuitive, and we're starting to see a decent number come out.

Eh, I won't bother repeating everything that's already been said in this topic. Suffice it to say that it's a pretty decent buy and it will only get better with time.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00