ASR: Treasure Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: ASR: Treasure Question
Apprentice
Member # 317
Profile #0
In the rebels' main base in the bottome middle is a group of three chests surrounded by an Ur-Basilisk, magic barriers, and blocked off by quickfire and a closing portcullus if you get too close to it.

Is there ANY way without cheating of getting those items? :confused:
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #1
If you can beat the Ur-Basilisk and still have enough spell points left to constantly heal as you wade back through the Quickfire... theoretically, yes. :) I doubt it's worth the trouble, though.

*looks in the editor* There's 500 gold in the chests, as well as Mithril Chain Mail, Drakeskin Gloves, and a Restoration Brew. Nice items, but if you came into this scenario straight out of VoDT, it'll be quite hard to get them. Not to mention that once you beat the Ur-Basilisk, you still have to get past a row of damage-dealing magic barriers (pretty easy if you can cast Heal), AND a row of blocking magic barriers (not so easy); which means you'll need Dispel Barrier or Piercing Crystals.

I would have had a go, but I had no way of breaking through those annoying blocking barriers. Not without cheating, anyway. :P

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #2
If my memory serves me correctly you need piercing crystals (you'll need two to get to all chests) since those barriers can't be dispelled with DB (at least at the level you'll have playing through ASR the first time). And, it is possible to do this without setting off the quickfire trap...
Apprentice
Member # 317
Profile #3
I've killed the Ur-Basilisk and used a piercing crystal on the barriers with no problem, I've just not found a way to avoid the Quickfire. I'm glad I didn't save by the chests or I'd be screwed. I just absolutely hate to leave anything behind, I'm the kind of treasure hunter that takes just about everything. Far Sight helped me find this large shield which I haven't identified yet, and just thank god for Piercing crystals as well.
Apprentice
Member # 317
Profile #4
I found if you side with the Empire, rather than the rebels, you can get the treasures without the quickfire happening. I had saved my game twice before I made which choice I wanted so I could try them both. I hated both endings, since we seemed so useless, but I think I got better treasure following the Empire side.
Apprentice
Member # 4754
Profile #5
First of all, u can get past magic barriers with only 1 piercing crystal: get 1 character past barroer and only then use crystal.
Second its not much problem getting through quickfire: u should take only 2 characters through quickfire and while they are getting through cast Healing and Enduring Barrier. When they get out on other side, move them to closed portculis, while other 2 members of group come to portculis on other side. Then u should press End Combat button !only! when 4th character is active(it is probably mage), if u did everything right yout party will appear on safe side of portculis. :cool: