Question about new scenarios from a Spiderweb newbie

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question about new scenarios from a Spiderweb newbie
Apprentice
Member # 4693
Profile #0
Hi all,

I just found out about the Spiderweb software games last weekend, and picked up a copy of blades of avernum and blades of exile.

Could anyone answer the following two questions?

1. What is the best place to find out information about scenarios which are close to being released, or which need beta testers? Is there a central area of any kind, or a place which is generally considered the place to go?

2. Can anyone recommend some good scenarios to start off with, as a total newb? It seems that the best ones are currently within BoE.. I'd like to start off with some short ones for low level parties. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I think I might just download the ones on Alexandria/the Spiderweb boards which are rated very well and which are small, and for low level parties.. But are there any that people consider great for someone who's just starting out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--------------------
"Contemplate the workings of this world, listen to the words of the wise, and take all that is good as your own. With this as your base, open your own door to truth. Do not overlook the truth that is right before you."

-Morihei Ueshiba
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #1
1) Only a few BoA-scenarios out there, at the moment, you'll find them at SW's scenario tables. For BoE-scenarios, you need to ignore the SW-tables and head to Alexandia , the database ultimatum, created, hosted and maintained by Brett Bixler.

2) Take a look at the Lyceum, and especially it's Comprehensive Scenario Rankings (for both BoE and BoA), and decide yourself. :)

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 07:13: Message edited by: Tristrana of the Misterhood ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Apprentice
Member # 4693
Profile #2
Cool thanks for your help, I'll check out the Lycaeum.

I'd guess that the best way to know what scenarios will be out at some point in the future is just to check the message boards?

There's no central point where people list a scenario that they'll release at some point, in other words?

Thanks,

Aikijoe

--------------------
"Contemplate the workings of this world, listen to the words of the wise, and take all that is good as your own. With this as your base, open your own door to truth. Do not overlook the truth that is right before you."

-Morihei Ueshiba
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #3
These boards are the place to look for forthcoming scenarios, yeah. No other place, as of now.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Actually, the Lyceum's a pretty good place to find out about upcoming scenarios. Not all of them, of course, but most of the major BoE scenario designers are there, and I'd guess that most of them will become major BoA designers.

—Alorael, who was thinking about new scenarios and wondering about the status of RiB. Any news, Drakey?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #5
Actually, Alo, have you checked the Lyceum lately? The BoA-section is dead (not counting the CSR, which is only partially dead).

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Except for CSR, Lyceum is much more BoE than BoA. This is pretty much the place to be for BoA stuff.