NPC's

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NPC's
Apprentice
Member # 3820
Profile Homepage #0
when you walk over poisanous puddles or your party gets poisened or deseised in any other way eg. VoDT school of magery disposal place. do my NPC's get hurt as well as my other people and can they die that's really what I whanna know.

is erica in this game?

--------------------
(snappy remark)your mother(/snappy remark)(/bush)
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #1
Yes, they get hurt and can die...
To avoid it, you can heal them with your priest, for eg.Select the spell you want to cast, and when you have to choose on which caracter you want to cast, use the "5" (or "6" if you have two NPC's) button of your keyboard.

I think Erika is dead in Avernum 3, but I'm not sure...The thing is Erika is not in the 4 basics scenarios.Perhaps after...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #2
Erika isn't in Blades of Avernum. Unless, of course, somebody makes a scenario with her in. But that's been done before, for Blades of Exile, and people hated it. :P

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
I believe that this was just because the scenario itself sucked. There's nothing inherently "wrong" with putting Erika in a scenario, as long as you can make it make sense.
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #4
It's be hard to make Erika an integral part of a scenario. She has such a well-established history that any scenario incorporating her would have to be very well-crafted and make several concessions in the plot just to include her. At this point she's probably better-suited for cameos.

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #5
Is the Erika is VODT the one known to us all as Erika the Archmage. To understand what im speaking off, look at the destroyed offices, and at the name plates on them...

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #6
I see what you mean. No other Erika named mages around so must be her. But the school is old, even older than Avernum 3 I think, maybe that's Erika's Hogwarts.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
If you mean that she was trained there, well, it wouldn't really make much sense for a student to have an office next to teachers. I assume that either mages live longer than normal people, or this is a different Erika.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00