beasts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: beasts
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #0
Okie dae. Argh. I'm in the cave where all those dang beasts are, the huge dogs. (this is also the place where I encountered the Shareware Demon who reminded me that I havent bought and registered my game). I've lost two of my party and have two remaining - my priest and my mage. Unfortunately out of the two only my mage can use ice lances. Not only that! I have the game saved to where I can't get back up top to bring my other two buddies back to life. Everytime I start the game I have to fight these things and they murder me. :( These things don't die well, and they eat me up before I can get a chance to do much damage on them. Help??

--------------------
Visit my site!
www.freewebs.com/helaine/
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #1
Mmh, I don't no for the other players, but when one of my caracters die, I just load my game...Perhaps the best for you is to make a new party, or at least, put the game in easy mode...If you have the registered version, use the caracter editor to boost temporaly up your party.

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #2
In what way are you stuck so you can't get up top? If a lot of enemies are in your way, try shielding both your characters and then hasting them, then just run right by.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #3
I'm stuck so that I can't go forward and I can't go back without running into these things, and there's no way around. I went into character editor and atleast brought my other two dudes back to life, but that was about all I could do considering I haven't registered the game yet (don't have any money at the moment). How do I shield my characters?

--------------------
Visit my site!
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #4
This is in VODT, btw.

--------------------
Visit my site!
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #5
You shield your caracters with the blessing priest spell, and haste them with...mmh, the haste mage spell...Enter combat mode, haste/shield your caracters, run away, end combat mode, save, go to the caracter editor, heal them, and do it again!But if you have lost two of your caracters, I think that making a new party is REALLY the only way to continue playing...And be more carefull when you save your game!

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #6
Well, like I said I was able to bring the other two back with the Character Editor. They weren't deleted or anything, they were "dust". They're back, everyone's health and spell energy is restored, now I just have to bless and haste every one and get the heck outta there, or just persevere on, somehow.

--------------------
Visit my site!
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #7
My suggestion would be to back up, run from any of your enemies you run into (slow is a great help for this) and come back when you're stronger. The beasts (they were more terrifying in Blades of Exile IMO) are pretty much the worst thing you can come across in the entire scenario (okay, so you can attack and PO the dragon or make one of the towns mad at you and have to fight the guards, but that doesn't count) so you'll probably want the best equipment in the scenario (not possible as the best armor is in the area at the end of said tunnels).
My suggestion would be to look for the Flaming Sword in one of the holding areas for your warrior. Also, I have read that it is possible to steal the Fine Waveblade from the Vanahtai without having them go hostile, but I have not tried this and take no responsibility if the information is false. Unfortunately, there aren't any spells availible higher than Ice Lances for your mage yet.
When actually taking the beasts on, haste (or better yet use haste potions) your warriors and your priest, slow your enemies, and bless your fighters into divinity. Heal your warriors following every fight, but resting may be a bad idea as having a pair of beasts charge into you when you're not expecting it is bad news. Mana regains at a decent rate when simply walking anyways.

Don't worry - it all goes down hill from there.

---Your helpful maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Do you have the spells Capture Mind and Simulacrum from the Vahnatai? Those are both very effective against the Altered Beasts, if you're having trouble.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!