A Small Rebellion Bug:

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Small Rebellion Bug:
Apprentice
Member # 4510
Profile #0
There is an abandoned fort just north of the starting town

*spoilers*

at the bottom of the abandoned fort, there is a pit maze. at the end of the maze there is a drake who is holding some papers that are a quest item for later in the game. unfortunately, before i involved myself in any quests at all, i obtained these papers by bargaining with the drake.

now, when i go to begin the main quest, the program thinks i am already in the middle of it, and i never actualyl recieve the main body of the quest!

arg!

--------------------
"From now on, our lives will revolve around OVERWHELMING WORD!" -Pokèmon Saphire, Dewford Town Trend Maniac
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #1
How did you know to ask for the papers without having started the main quest? Did the game present you with the option when you talked to the dragon?

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4510
Profile #2
i never asked about the papers. i sat down in the questioning throne (for the first time) and the shade scolded me for disobeying orders and getting the papers already. i thought 'huh' and it said 'well, the papers are harmless anyways... return and give them to the hill runners!' and i said 'buh wah?'

anyways, i can piece together what i am supposed to do, but it is frustrating to meta game like this!!!

--------------------
"From now on, our lives will revolve around OVERWHELMING WORD!" -Pokèmon Saphire, Dewford Town Trend Maniac
Apprentice
Member # 4510
Profile #3
well, i poked around in the control files for rebellion, and learned that the special item number for the papers is 3. so i used the editor to change the number of papers from 1 to 0, so i can properly activate the quests. i will just edit them back into my possession when they become usefull again, i guess, and hope that doesn't screw with the quest flags too much...

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
I did pretty much the same thing and was able to complete the scenario normally. Getting the papers before you're supposed to seems basically harmless.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!