is there a way to get detailed comab info on my enemies?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: is there a way to get detailed comab info on my enemies?
Apprentice
Member # 4510
Profile #0
i like to have a little description and stats for the monsters i am fighting... stats are not so important... i like to have more than just a name though.

is there any way to call up this sort of info about the enemies?

thanks!

--------------------
"From now on, our lives will revolve around OVERWHELMING WORD!" -Pokèmon Saphire, Dewford Town Trend Maniac
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
There's no Scry Monster like BoE. You can look at creature stats by opening up either corescendata.txt in the Blades of Avernum Files folder if it is a default monster or the scenario's custom objects script (ie stealthdata.txt) if it is a custom monster. There isn't any sort of description like what exists for items ("This is a dress. Sometimes women wear things like this"). If you want more detailed info, playing the Avernum Trilogy will tell you some of what you want to know.

So, um, basically, not really.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4268
Profile #2
Um...if I getr what your saying you might want to take this approach (This approach only works if the npc doesn't talk)

Copy the basicnpc.txt script and name it something else. Preferebly something like statsnpc.txt or datanpc.txt....whatever
Then edit the bit in the script where it says

beginstate TALKING_STATE;
if (get_memory_cell(3) == 0) {
print_str("Talking: It doesn't respond.");
end();
}
begin_talk_mode(get_memory_cell(3));
break;
Change the print_str(" "); thing to your the info you want to put and get rid of the rest

When you test the game when you "talk" to the npc it will give you the Stats and description in the text window at the bottom of the screen instead of just say "It can't respond"
Of course this meens that you'll have to write a different script for each type of monster...."Groan" but maybe you can work something out by linking the memory cells somehow.

I hope you got all that and you can work out the rest by yourself because otherwise......I don't think I can help you.

--------------------
He strikes silently with large claws..........and webbed feet!
Apprentice
Member # 4268
Profile #3
I have just figured out how you could link memory cells with it!

Here's the code

beginstate TALKING_STATE;
if (get_memory_cell(3) == 0) {
print_str("Talking: It doesn't respond.");
end();
}
begin_talk_mode(get_memory_cell(3));
if (get_memory_cell(4) == 1){
set_state_continue(get_memory_cell(5));
}

break;
Ok what this means is that when you talk to the charachter and it doesn't respond it looks for a state it can go to in the town script
this comes from memory 5
Memory Cell 4 is just to say if you want a sate called or not (0 is False 1 is True)
For example if you write 1 in Cell 4 and 17 in Cell 5 then When you talk to that npc it goes to State 15
This could be used for not just descriptions but other things as well.

Unfortunately with this approach you won't be able to see the stats on creatures in battle.
Do do that you'd have to move the code into the LOOK_STATE but I don't think there is a LOOK_STATE for creature scripts...right?

--------------------
He strikes silently with large claws..........and webbed feet!