Character Development Help
|Author||Topic: Character Development Help|
Member # 27
written Friday, June 11 2004 13:01
I play on torment with three characters. A level 27 Slith Warrior, a level 28 Nephilim Archer, and a level 28 Nephilim Priest/Mage. The first three scenerios never gave me much trouble, I could usually kill most enemies before they could even attack me.
Now I'm playing DWTD, and the undead continue to rip through my ranks. My characters have decent gear, my Slith Warrior is using a Ruby Helm, Blessed Plate Armor, a Fine Large Shield, Fine Slith Spear, Armor Ring, Blessed Cloak, Fine Leather Pants, etc. But the undead, especially those Worker Zombies and Spectral Avatars, hardly miss when attacking and deal at least 50 damage per hit, while attacking four times. His Defense is 7, his Parry is 8, and his dexterity is 13. Even when War Blessed (which is level 6) by a very good caster, he still gets hit for a large portion of damage, every time.
Don't even get me started on my other characters.
I suppose my questions are
1. How much health and endurance should a character have?
2. How can I keep the undead from hitting me every time?
3. Is it possible to make a martial artist character like Betty? She rocks. :P
Posts: 1233 | Registered: Wednesday, October 3 2001 07:00
Member # 869
written Friday, June 11 2004 13:37
1) I focus on offence, personally. Kill undead (with spells and archery, if possible) before they get to you. No amount of endurance will make you invulnerable.
2) Blessing helps, as do dexterity and gymnastics.
3) Sure, just unequip your weapon. You may be disappointed by the result, though. :P
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Posts: 9973 | Registered: Saturday, March 30 2002 08:00
Member # 4512
written Saturday, June 12 2004 22:53
Alternatevely you could just get each character to level 3 priest that way they can all cast repel spirit. (which you can purchase/find up to level 5 in this scenario) Then you can really rip through the ranks. Who says you archer can't cast any spells? It's just not their *specialty*.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Thursday, June 10 2004 07:00
Member # 20
written Sunday, June 13 2004 11:28
Yes.. repel spirit works wonders on this scenario, I had a lot of trouble with it myself until I remembered the spell.
Posts: 191 | Registered: Monday, October 1 2001 07:00