Diplomacy with the Dead, Length?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Diplomacy with the Dead, Length?
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #0
Erh. Is it just me, or is Diplomacy with the Dead significantly (and I mean significantly) shorter than the other three scenarios?

Then again, it's the first one I played, and the speed of Avernum-style combat (compared to BoE) is a wonderful fresh burst of life (it's amazingly fast compared to BoE). So I guess it could just be me 'warming up to the game(/engine style)'

What do you think about this?

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #1
DwtD has far fewer towns than the other scenarios, but makes up for it with a large outdoors area. I spent most of my time trapsing around outside enjoying the glorious beauty of nature and hacking away at zombies until they are dead, dead, dead.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
That got kinda old after a while. Is it ever possible to actually complete the "Slay Undead" quest? If I missed any encounters, they must've been pretty well-hidden.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #3
Meh. I dislike outdoors. And it still felt really short.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #4
Then make your own scenario, and you can make it as long as you like! :)

*is waiting to get his money transferred to Paypal so he can buy Windows BOA* The wait... the wait! Oh well, at least I have VODT to sustain me. And I've got used to Avernum-style movement now. (The secret is to remember to turn num lock on. *grin*)

[ Saturday, June 05, 2004 02:07: Message edited by: Flamefiend ]

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #5
Flamefeind, there should be an option in your BIOS to turn numlock on automatically at bootup.

You can pay by credit card too - the registration completed and I got my code in the same day, just a few hours apart.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Specific Custer:

Is it ever possible to actually complete the "Slay Undead" quest?
Yes. Yes it is.

---Your curt maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Specific Custer:

That got kinda old after a while.
Oh, I don't know — I rather enjoy repeated acts of savage violence in rustic settings, especially if it's for a good cause and the pay is good.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #8
Stop going off topic >.<

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #9
Yeah, I know about the BIOS option. Thing is, there's another game which I play a lot which requires you to have numlock OFF. :D It's not that big a deal.

I know it's possible to pay by credit card. It's just that I don't have one. :)

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Grey-Eyed Stranger:

Erh. Is it just me, or is Diplomacy with the Dead significantly (and I mean significantly) shorter than the other three scenarios?

Then again, it's the first one I played, and the speed of Avernum-style combat (compared to BoE) is a wonderful fresh burst of life (it's amazingly fast compared to BoE). So I guess it could just be me 'warming up to the game(/engine style)'

What do you think about this?

It has about half as many towns (including enemy ones) as the other three scenarios. But if you're used to BoE combat, which takes up most of your playing time... BoA combat is far faster, especially when you're more powerful than the enemies.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.