is it worth it?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: is it worth it?
Warrior
Member # 4023
Profile #0
is this new game worth the $30? id like to know.

--------------------
go to www.cc-game.net
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #1
Depends if you want to play scenarios or make them. If you just want to play, BoE is the better buy at this point. On the other hand, BoA is supposed to give designers a lot more freedom and such.

I can't actually vouch for BoA at this stage, as I'm on windows.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Or if you (like me) despised the Exile interface, BoA is the superior way to go anyway.

I would suggest buying them both if you have the money... combined they are only $45 dollars (with the $10 already-owning-BoE discount on BoA), and BoE will keep you busy until BoA has a number of excellent scenarios for itself.

And BoA's only $25 dollars, by the way. And, regardless of anything else, I think it's worth it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3813
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
is this new game worth the $30? id like to know.
Yes. I don't know where you came up wtih $30 - the game is $25 (maybe you factored in shipping...). I've been playing games since the TRS 80 (and still managed to build a career and family, guess I wasn't that devoted;-) and Spiderweb Software seems to put the best games out for the price: nicely done stories with sufficient graphics and a decent user interface.

They're challening and fun: what more is there?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #4
From what i've seen/played, all the recent offerings are worth the money. Now I just need to wait until payday :)

--------------------
fishing