Formulae for Abilites?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Formulae for Abilites?
Apprentice
Member # 4127
Profile #0
Has anyone figured out all the formulae to the abilities, or is this hush-hush secret stuff in danger of being censored by Jeff? I want some of these for a monster AI script.

Here is what I know.

Every two levels of strength adds a damage category (including missiles?).Dex ups chance to hit by +5% and reduces to be hit by -5%.Each weapon skill (including the weapon level) ups to hit by +5% and damage by one category.Defense reduces to hit by a random amount up to -5% per level (which to anyone that knows probability, since a randomizer is uniform, this results in an average reduction of -2.5% per level).Hardiness seems to reduce damage a random amount of up to 1 per level (so an average reduction of -0.5 points per level).I haven't figured out how assassination works.Parry seems to work just like defense (so an average of -2.5%), except that you must have a melee weapon for it to take effect.Blademaster is a non-random +5% to hit per level, and some unknown (to me) effect to damage.I haven't figured out how anatomy works.Gymnastics seems to work like parry, except that you may get extra AP.Lethal Blow is very random and seems to be skill dependent. That's all I know.I could just make monsters and have them duke it out to guess these unknown abilities, but this is getting annoying. Does anyone have a clue. And while you are at it, how to Magery and Resistance effect spells?
Why do I need this? Basically I want a mathematical way to compare damage between a fighter and mage in target selection, and I need to know a little bit about the probabilities so that I can properly weight the skills. For example, it is clear from above, that offensively, one melee skill (with that weapon in hand) is equal to one DEX and two STR.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Resistance affects your resistance percentages.

Magery adds to your spell 'Bonus'.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00