BOA editor scripts (stairs.)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BOA editor scripts (stairs.)
Apprentice
Member # 9152
Profile #0
Hi.

I am trying to design my first scenario and i was wondering of any1 could tell me the script for stairs that move the party to a different location, as if to move onto a different level of the tower (im trying to make a huge tower.)

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 12:13: Message edited by: Neo Viper ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
Check out Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page, linked at the top of this forum. It contains almost all available resources, including the Westra Cookbook. That document contains almost everything that a beginning scenario designer could imagine.

Other than that, I would heartily suggest playing a scenario, and then digging into the scripts that make it run, and figure out what each item is doing, and how that is reflected in gameplay.

Edit - Direct link to the Cookbook download site

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 12:45: Message edited by: Jumpin' Sarcasmon ]

--------------------
WWtNSD?

Synergy - "I don't get it."
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #2
I was going to point you to the Wikibook, but then I realized that it's not hyperlinked like it used to be. How long has this been the case?

Anyway, the call you're looking for is 'move_to_new_town'. It's in the form move_to_new_town(int TOWN_NUMBER, int X-COORDINATE, int Y-COORDINATE). So, for example, say you placed a special rectangle over the stairs, giving it state eleven. Then put the following in that town's script to move the party to a new town:
beginstate 11;
move_to_new_town(5, 36, 39);
break;
(In this example, you'd be moving the party to (36, 39) in town 5.

--------------------
I'm paranoid. On my stationary bike I have a rear-view mirror.
- Richard Lewis

[ Saturday, June 30, 2007 14:18: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

I was going to point you to the Wikibook, but then I realized that it's not hyperlinked like it used to be. How long has this been the case?
Since Xoid — I forget his name on Spidweb — attempted to do a rewrite and gave up about a quarter of the way in. Annoying as heck. I think a revert is in order, but I don't want to do it without carefully looking at it first in order not to screw stuff up.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 9152
Profile #4
Thanks, how do i put it in the scenario in the town i want?

Edit: i found out on my own :D

[ Sunday, July 01, 2007 03:11: Message edited by: Neo Viper ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
In the editor, you place a special rectangle and choose an appropriate number for the town state (say, 10 or 11). Then you open up the town's town script and create a state with the appropriate number and include that call.

Look at other scenarios for examples. Shades of Gray, for instance, basically consists of a multi-level town, so you can examine its scripting to see how it does it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #6
An older version of the Wikibook is up at http://freewebs.com/dintiradan/temp/script-reference.html. Could someone give it a permanent home?

--------------------
I used to work at the unemployment office. I hated that job because when they fired me, I still had to show up at work the next day.
- Wally Wong
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #7
Just revert the Wiki page. And if there are any problems, revert to another version.

--------------------
It's only an eye, my lord.