OT: Legend of Zelda

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: OT: Legend of Zelda
Apprentice
Member # 4512
Profile Homepage #0
Hey All -

This is totally off topic, but i just found out that the original "Legend of Zelda" is available as a PC version.

Everything is identical to the original, graphics, sounds, quests, etc.

and... even better... they have set it up so you can write your own quests for Link using the Zelda engine, substituting graphics, sounds, etc. kind of like BoA. There are lots of quests already written by others online and you can publish yours to the web too!

Best of all... it's all FREE!!!

Here's the website:
http://www.zeldaclassic.com

enjoy!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #1
The question becmoes... can we turn this into a useful topic?
Here's what I'll pose for everyone: The Legend of Zelda is considered one ofthe quinteesential console classics: would anything worth releasing necessarily come from reusing the familiar engine?

My answer: you can't tell. Modding is like that: sometimes you strike gold, others, you don't.
I have no idea what you could do to draw an entirely new game, or new scenarios out of the Zelda engine; but that doesn't mean that someone else won't.

(And this is the part where some of you come up with ideas)

--------------------
The Silent Assassin actually pulled off an experiment without destroying anything.
The laundry room is grateful.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
Off topic posting is NOT allowed here. You have been warned.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00