buffer? Someone explain this to me...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: buffer? Someone explain this to me...
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #0
I downloaded the "Nine Variations on Point B", "High Level Party builder", and a couple of other scenarios(straight from Kelandons webpage), and my Blades of Avernum diodn't play them, saying that the call "clear_buffer" doesnt exist. I went into the scripts, and tried to figure it out. I've never heard of, or seen these scripts = "clear_buffer", "append_string", "append_number", etc.

So, whats going on? Is a new patch available? Where? i haven't seen anything on Spidweb...

Or is there something wrong with my game? Hardly.

I want to know why those calls don't work on my game, and also how to use them. They seem pretty neat...

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
If you read the readmes that came with those scenarios, you'll notice something like the following passage:

quote:
This scenario will work only with a BoA app that runs Scenario Format Version 2 (Mac v1.1, Windows v1.0, or better).
So yes, you need to download the latest version of BoA. Find the patches on this page.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #2
Ok, thanks! Does an readme come with the patch and explain how the new calls work, or do you get the immense pleasure of figuring it out on your own?

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
You also should probably download a new version of the scenario editor. That will have the updated docs.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00