Custom terrains&visibility

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Custom terrains&visibility
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #0
Is there a way to make a custom terrain that blocks player's view to the character in that terrain (like a window or a closed door)?

te_blocks_view doesn't seem to do it.

(The terrain in question isn't otherwise blocked.)

And now that I mentioned it, what does te_blocks_view do?

[ Thursday, April 28, 2005 13:15: Message edited by: Milu ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I think te_blocks_view_x (where x is n, s, w or e) is used when the game works out whether to use cutaway views. What you want is te_look_block_x.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #2
I tried te_look_block_x but it hides the floor and everything behind the square.

What I was trying to do is a custom doorway. It would have been nice to use that with the wall sets that have no doors. The problem is, the game shows at least party characters on top of the terrain, not behind like it should.

I remembered today that Valley of Dying Things had one custom doorway but though I copied the code, I couldn't make it work.

I guess this is another bug. If I'm guessing right, this means that only two different kinds of doors and windows can be used correctly per town. Grr.

But thanks anyway.

[ Friday, April 29, 2005 13:19: Message edited by: Milu ]