Two Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Two Questions
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #0
Fist off sorry, I know I ask a lot of questions.

1. How do I make it so when you search a bookshelf a message will pop up?

2. How do use custom graphics? I found some, but how do I get them into the editor?
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
1) The simplist way is to write a Town Script and have a message_dialog in the call you place on the bookshelf.

2) This is probably best answered by the manual. Look at examples of the scenarios that come with the game for help with this. If you still have questions, come back and we will do our best to help you.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
1. Use the script specobj.txt. That is, place a terrain script and title it "specobj" and set the first memory cell to the state that you want it to call when it's searched.

2. Depends on if you're on a Mac or on Windows. Either way, I refer you to the docs, Chapter 4: Custom Graphics.

EDIT: Yeah, what Stareye said.

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 15:14: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
Thank you Kelandon, specobj was what I was lookiing for.

As for the custom graphics, I'm on Mac. A very new one at that. I don't have graphics software at the moment. The closest things I have to it would be "Appleworks", and the program they open in "Preview". Not really worth mentioning.
The old computer is running system 9.1 that computer has photoshop on it, but most things on that computer wont even run in classic on mine.

Edit: turns out the new photoshop will be coming sooner or later, kind of sounds like I'll have to wait.

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 15:53: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
To insert custom graphics using a newer Mac, what you'll want are copies of GraphicConverter and ResFool. GraphicConverter is also good for doing minor edits on graphics if necessary.

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 16:02: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
I use Graphics Coverter and ResEdit to do these. Do searches on both with google. They should be free.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
Thank you, I'll find them todday :)

[ Sunday, March 13, 2005 08:33: Message edited by: Dolphin ]