How strange...bug perhaps??

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How strange...bug perhaps??
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #0
I am attempting to import the Vampire Lord's Keep (from Diplomacy with the Dead; town #7) into my scenario. I like the way it looks, and it gives me the basic form I need for this new area I'm building. (Ya..I'm kind of cheating by using it, but it will be changed from what it is.)

My problem is that when I use the Import Town command, it imports this hoplessly GARBLED town thing...there is NO town in this imported garbage thing. It is pieces of the original, randomly strewn about the town layout, and thrown into only the area of a medium sized town.

This is a Large town, and I am importing it into a Large (blank) town in my new scenario. Is this a bug?! I would really think this is a nasty little bug if it is--but please tell me if it isn't, as I need to start trying out different ways of making this actually work. I have so far only duplicated the entire scenario, taken everything but terrain out of the Keep, and then imported that; same thing happens.

I use OS 9.2.2, and below describes this a bit better. (Pictures!! :D )

This is what it looks like in "DwtD":
IMAGE(http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/232082/Original.jpg)

This is what it looks like after I import it:
IMAGE(http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/232082/Imported.jpg)

Help is wanted, and apreciated! ^_^

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
There's a known bug with the standard editor regarding the importing of large towns. Try using the 3D Editor.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #2
-_-' frell....3D Editor is OS X only. There is none for OS 9.2.2. Is that the only work around?!

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
The bug's intermittent. Try it during a different phase of the moon, maybe? If it fails consistently, well, grin and bear it, I guess.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5289
Profile #4
a) Find someone near by you who has MacOSX machine and ask to use it a bit of time.
b) Find someone near by you who has Windows machine and ask to use it a bit of time.
c) Give me the compiler for Classic Mac, CodeWorrier v8.5, and wait a week for 3D editor for Classic Mac ;)

Now 3D BoA Editor works both MacOSX and Windows(XP/2000/98SE). As the data file is common on both platform, find your friend who has Windows machine.
You can download 3D BoA Editor from next link.

Project: BoA Editor Remake on SourceForge.net

Or send me your scenario (.bas file) you want to insert the map. I'll send back it.
My mail is notosaurai _AT_ yahoo _DOT_ co _DOT_ jp

[Edit] True workaround
Make a town which TOWN NUMBER and SIZE is the same as the original town you want to import. In your case, town number 7 and large size. Then execute "import town".
It will read the imported town correctly even on the original editor which has bug.
The bug refers the size of the town on the scenario currently edited, not that of imported. So this workaround will work.

[ Monday, March 07, 2005 19:58: Message edited by: Notus ]

--------------------
Project: BoA Editor Remake on SourceForge.net
supports "3D BoA Editor" (Mac and Win), and creates advanced BoA Editor.