Can't get town entrances working

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can't get town entrances working
Agent
Member # 445
Profile Homepage #0
Ok it seems to be the town entrances works a lot like it did in BoE, but for some reason I cannot get them to work. I set them and they just walk into the buildings and stop right there. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

--------------------
I'm going to live forever or die trying!
Knights Who Say Ni!

Knights Who Say Ni Online Store!
Posts: 1083 | Registered: Thursday, December 27 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #1
I don't know what may be happening, but I have heard that there is a bug if you make the town entrances smaller than 3x3. I don't know if it is true.

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
It's not exactly a bug; it just doesn't quite work the way that one might expect. But I don't think that's what BSR is talking about.

You need to have an open space for the party to step into. Buildings are blocked spaces. Place a 3 by 3 square for a town entrance and put buildings on the corners and center only, making a picture that looks like this:

X O X
O X O
X O X

X's are spaces with buildings and O's are open grass spaces. That's the basic Avernum town entrance format (which you can vary depending on your needs).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 445
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

It's not exactly a bug; it just doesn't quite work the way that one might expect. But I don't think that's what BSR is talking about.

You need to have an open space for the party to step into. Buildings are blocked spaces. Place a 3 by 3 square for a town entrance and put buildings on the corners and center only, making a picture that looks like this:

X O X
O X O
X O X

X's are spaces with buildings and O's are open grass spaces. That's the basic Avernum town entrance format (which you can vary depending on your needs).

Aha I see, I got people trying to run into buildings.

--------------------
I'm going to live forever or die trying!
Knights Who Say Ni!

Knights Who Say Ni Online Store!
Posts: 1083 | Registered: Thursday, December 27 2001 08:00