Dialogue Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dialogue Problem
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #0
I thought I had mastered dialogue scripts. Everything worked perfectly when I tried setting up a dialogue with just one person. However as I've started scripting a real scenario I notice a huge problem. For some reason, when talking to character 1, I can see dialogue options for characters 2 and 3 as well...

I've assigned all characters unique personality IDs, but it still doesn't distinguish the different persons. I've tried looking at working scripts, but I can see nothing I'd have overlooked. It's probably just some stupid mistake, but I'm at my wits end. Help, anyone?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Your states are probably the same. When you have a second character in the same town that speaks, don't use the same states that you used for the first character. So, if your first character used states 1-8, the nextstate on the first node of your second character should be 9.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #2
Surely that's the problem. Make sure each character's states are not repeated in othe character's states.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #3
Thanks. Works like a charm now...