Porter Errors

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Porter Errors
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #0
Everyone knows that the porter from BoE to BoA is pretty bad, because of all the work you'll have to do afterwards. However, I found two errors which are not system quirks, but rather bonafide errors in the porter.

1) SDF checks that include "if less than (a non-negative-one number), go to -1" are not ported correctly. This is a very valid node in BoE, and it corresponds to "if less than (number), break" in BoA -- and it should be ported that way, rather than completely ignoring that part of the check.

2) Two towns with the same name (and same size?) cause the porter to flip out and create two copies of the first town instead, overwriting the second. THIS is a rather glaring error, and one which is causing a darn good bit of extra work.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
Is the converter's code included along with the editor?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
I'd assume so. It is part of the editor, after all.
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #3
The latter isn't BoA's fault, but mine, actually. I was being a lazyass. Still, all you got to do is to change the town-script, and fix up personalities and such. Special encounters of all sorts you would have had to fix in any case, so meh, I don't count that. :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
D'oh. There are very noticable terrain differences between towns 0 and 4, though, if you check in BoE.

No matter. I think I can demolish a building, so I don't have to choke you over it.

[ Saturday, July 24, 2004 07:38: Message edited by: Imban ]
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #5
You just did, on AIM. Also, I will fix.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]