Specobj not working!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Specobj not working!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #0
It does not call the state in the scenerio script. I set mem cell 0 to 20, and state 20 has no errors, but when the party looks at the spot, it does not activate the state! It's suppossed to be over a gravestone to show who is in the grave. HELP!
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
The call in the script is run_town_script(), you want to replace that with run_scenario_script(). If you don't want to break compatibility with other specobj nodes, you could make another specobj script, or you could make another memory cell that switches between scenario and town scrtips.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Keep:

The call in the script is run_town_script(), you want to replace that with run_scenario_script(). If you don't want to break compatibility with other specobj nodes, you could make another specobj script, or you could make another memory cell that switches between scenario and town scrtips.
OOps! I ment to say town script, I got mixed up. I does not call the state in the TOWN script. Sorry about that typo.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Have you mucked with it at all? You may wish to replace this copy of specobj with another copy that you have somewhere else, one that you know that you haven't touched.

This is a copy of specobj that works:
// specobj.txt - This very simple script waits until this object is searched. When it
// is, calls a given special node in the current town's script.

// Memory Cells -
// 0 - Number of a state in the town script. This is the state that is called when the item is used.
// 1,2 - Coordinates for a stuff done flag. If these are 0 and 0, ignored. Otherwise,
// is the given flag is non-zero, nothing happens when the object is used.

beginterrainscript;

variables;

body;

beginstate INIT_STATE;

break;

beginstate START_STATE;
break;

beginstate SEARCH_STATE;
if ((get_memory_cell(1) > 0) || (get_memory_cell(2) > 0))
if (get_flag(get_memory_cell(1),get_memory_cell(2)) > 0) {
print_str_color("You can't do anything with this anymore.",2);
end();
}

run_town_script(get_memory_cell(0));

break;

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #4
I am using the correct Specobj. The script I used for the tombstones is the same one I used for the control panal. And the control panal works. The tombstones don't.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Well, you could always toss in my Search-Block instead, which IMHO you should do anyway....

I doubt the problem is within specobj itself. Re-check the memory cell, re-check your spelling of specobj, re-check the town state, make sure the town script is actually running at the time and not stopped by an error somewhere else. I don't know what else it could be, but those are the obvious things to look at.

Oh, and to make sure that state 20 isn't being called at all, stick a print_str on the front of it that says something distinctive. That's screwed me up a few times -- I had a one-time whose flag was mixed up with another one-time's flag, so it just never activated at all.

EDIT: And for the record, I have never heard of a "panal." I've heard of a "panel," though.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 17:13: Message edited by: Just Call Me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #6
You could send me a copy of the script and scenario file and I'll look over it. net4less@sbcglobal.net[/url]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.