NPCS joining party, not working for me.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NPCS joining party, not working for me.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #0
This the script to join the party
begintalknode 30;
state = 16;
nextstate = -1;
question = "I have decieded to have you along with us.";
text1 = "_Great! Well, where are we off to, whats next?_";
text2 = "_Your already loaded. Bye.";
code =
if (add_char_to_party(42) == FALSE) {
remove_string(1);
} else {
remove_string(2);
set_flag(75,2,1);
break;
And yes, I did set in the town script to enable_add_chars(1)

But all that happens is the NPC walks blindly around not following me party. Whats wrong?
Apprentice
Member # 4362
Profile #1
Does it have a unique character script?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by jayc:

Does it have a unique character script?
No, it just follows normal scripts. basicnpc.
Apprentice
Member # 4362
Profile #3
The docs say it has to have a unique character script in order to join the party. I dunno why it behaves that way without it, but that may be the problem.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Specifically, "A character who joins the party must have its own script. When in combat mode, they will act according to its script. When do_attack is called, the character will look for targets and attack them. It will not, however, move too far from the party when hunting targets."

Hrm. I don't like this. I'm not sure why, but it sounds bad.

You may be able to get away with putting in "basicnpc" instead of leaving the character's script blank. I haven't tried it, but BoA might only object if you leave the char's script as Default.

EDIT: btw, GIFTS, you're using the wrong "your." It should be "you're," as in "you are."

[ Tuesday, July 06, 2004 10:04: Message edited by: Just Call Me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #5
I got it to work. I made my own script that is basicnpc except he will seek the party to talk to them once.

And Just call me Kell, please dont grammer check dialouge. I do all that later once the scripting is soild and done.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2d2:

And Just call me Kell, please dont grammer check dialouge. I do all that later once the scripting is soild and done.
Then I would suggest replacing the text, when you post here on the boards, with something like "some dialog here". The common assumption on posting code for comments/questions is that it's "fair game" for constructive criticism of any sort.

Heck, I LOVE it when someone points out ANY mistake in my code, even if it's just spelling/grammar. That's one less gremlin I need to track down myself. :D

--------------------
-spyderbytes