Another Bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Another Bug
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #0
When playing one of my scens, the guards wont attack me when I attack them. BUT! When I charm them using them using the spell Capture Mind, THEN they attack me. Isn't this a little, reversed? :confused:
Apprentice
Member # 4362
Profile #1
Need more details. What is the character script? You could try sticking in char_attitude_to_char() or get_attitude() to check if the guard is friendly, neutral, hostile A or hostile B.

I'm not sure how the intricacies of attitude work. Maybe somehow your party's attitude is set to something it shouldn't be??? The behavior you describe would be the case if your party appeared to the guard to be attitude hostile (A or B same as guard) and when Capture Mind was cast, the guard changed to friendly.
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #2
It's because guards count as "summoned" creatures. They are set to "summoned" (and never disappearing) in the INIT_STATE of their script (probably so people don't kill them for their equipment, which they won't drop, as "summoned" creatures). For some reason, attacking a summoned creature doesn't make it hostile. Control Foes gives the target Charmed status (at least at skill 3). Since it's charmed, it's on the opposite side from normal. Their normal attitude is friendly to you, so now they will act hostile.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Just a guess, but are you attacking them with missile weapons? There was a bug in v1.0 that may be still there whose result was that if you attack guards with missile weapons, they don't become hostile. However, if you attempt to charm them, they do become hostile -- and if you fail to charm them, they attack you immediately, whereas if you succeed, they will attack you as soon as the charm wears off.

EDIT: Hmm, really? I will have to do some experiments with guards, then. But I'm pretty sure that charming doesn't actually reverse one's behavior; it just counts as an attack.

[ Monday, June 28, 2004 11:13: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #4
Okay thanks, I managed to fix it.