New Blades App With Debug Enabled Available

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New Blades App With Debug Enabled Available
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
If you go to

http://www.avernum.com/blades/scen_workshop.html

you can download a new version of the Blades of Avernum game application. The debug commands will work in this application. However, the debug commands will still cause errors in the regular versions of Blades, so they must be removed before your scenario is released.

I still have received no files I can use to reproduce the alleged bug having to do with incorrect line numbers in error messages. Such files are best sent to spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. Be sure to mention whether the bug shows up on Mac or Windows.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #1
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #2
I assume this fix will be merged into BoA main sometime?

If not, why not..if people want to cheat by putting debug-mode in the scripts, making them download another 3.3MB or so isn't neccesarily going to slow them.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #3
The fix will be merged into the next Blades upgrade. I just wanted to fire off a quick update to help testers out.

I don't care whether players cheat or not. That's why I make an editor. :)

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
If there's any doubt, this was a good thing to do. Thanks, Jeff!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #5
Thanks!

I guess you didn't want to make 75% of players or so download the new update when it doesn't benefit them. :)

Edit: Ergh. Are you going to lecture us on debug mode every time we enter a scenario with it? Kind of tedious...

Just found a bug. Ghost mode seems to be on all the time when debug mode is on, but it should only be on when toggled using Shift-G.

Also, I think a new function is in order. Make the current Shift-M to be Shift-V (for Vision), and make Shift-M reveal the entire map (extreme Far Sight.)

Also, the 'See all monsters on automap' function..perhaps make Shift+M say whether you've turned it on or off? And maybe, say, show the coloured dots on the map, friendly NPCs in yellow, and hostile in blue..

Yet another idea..maybe make the party always hit/kill in one turn, like in BoE, when debug is on?
And why does the probability of hitting get far, far lower when debug is enabled and activated?

[ Sunday, June 27, 2004 07:43: Message edited by: Grey-Eyed Stranger ]

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.