Changing outdoor cliff types?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Changing outdoor cliff types?
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #0
Does anyone know of a script that can be used to change cliff faces in outdoor areas?

--------------------
Guyute was the ugly pig who walked on me and danced a jig that he had learned when he was six - then stopped and did some other tricks. Like pulling weapons from his coat and holding them against my throat. He lectured me in language strange - then scampered quickly out of range.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
I don't think I'm understsanding what you're asking (my own brain fogginess at the moment, I'm sure--hayfever season with its antihistimines is upon this part of the country :) ). Does set_terrain() not work for what you're wanting to do?

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #2
Not the terrain itself, the vertical surface that is displayed when one terrain space is higher than another. For example, in above-ground outdoor spaces, you get a light dirt color - like the typical outdoor walls. In below-ground outdoor spaces, you get a darker grey color.

--------------------
Guyute was the ugly pig who walked on me and danced a jig that he had learned when he was six - then stopped and did some other tricks. Like pulling weapons from his coat and holding them against my throat. He lectured me in language strange - then scampered quickly out of range.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #3
So you're essentially wanting to change which sheet is used for outdoor cliffs? I sure haven't seen any call to set that (but then, I've done very little outdoors so far).

If you're wanting it to be used everywhere outdoors, you could define your own cliff terrains and copy them into the default numbers. But I don't know of any way you could change some of the cliffs, but not all, if that's what you're wanting.

EDIT: If that wasn't clear, I was talking about:

begindefineterrain my_number;
import = current_cliffs_number;
te_which_sheet = sheet_number_you_want;

begindefineterrain original_cliffs_number;

That last line will copy it back where it was, just with a different sheet.

EDIT 2: Left out an '=' in my pseudo-code. :)

[ Thursday, April 29, 2004 19:27: Message edited by: spyderbytes ]

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Apprentice
Member # 4168
Profile #4
I guess I could import certain cliff types into an entire outdoor grid area (48X48, 64X64) and change them as necessary. Your suggestion sounds like a good way to go, since there is no way to define cliff types in outdoor sections in the editor and no calls that I'm aware of that will do it any easier. Thanks!

--------------------