is there no way...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: is there no way...
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #0
...to ensure that an item you place in a container will really be there? I keep having to make items that will be needed to solve puzzles special items, when I'd really rather most of the puzzles were more Zork-style (where you need to figure out what item you saw lying around somewhere might be what you need to get past a certain spot).

Not only that, but since the party is supposed to be sneaking through the town where they need to find these items, without being seen by anyone, it's getting rather difficult to come up with ways to get special items into their inventory that don't seem contrived.

I'm not putting tons of items around (I'm using them VERY sparingly, except those I really want to be there, for that matter), so I don't really understand why such a large percentage of the items I place just aren't there. And it seems that if I DO place a junk item somewhere, it'll inevitably be there, while my custom magic item I really NEED to be in a nearby container isn't. I don't understand the logic behind how the engine decides which are there and which aren't, at all. :(

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #1
This is an odd one. I have never had any problem at all with items I placed in a town in the editor not being there.

Try loading a save file from before you ever enter the town with the missing items, enter the town, and see if the items are there then. Preset items in a town are only ever placed the very first tiem you enter the town.

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

Preset items in a town are only ever placed the very first tiem you enter the town.
That would be the source of my difficulty. :) Nice (and less frustrating ;) ) to know that...

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes