Bad experience in Magus of Cattalon

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Bad experience in Magus of Cattalon
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #0
I doubt that anyone else will have a problem with this, but it drove me crazy. What happened was that I was in the Fiend's lair, and I had earlier been killed by the boulder trap. I had opened my save file after the first time, but in the course of doing other things, I accidentally smashed some of the boulders again. A while later, having forgotten about the trap, I tried to walk along the passage, and the trap activated. I had not saved in a rather long time (first mistake), and so I thought I would try to find out if there was any possible way out of the trap. To gain more time, I entered combat mode(second mistake). I poked around and couldn't find a way out. I then ended combat mode, and this happened to throw my character out of the trap. Overjoyed at being suddenly saved, I saved my game(third and near catastrophic mistake). This was bad because I then tried to move, and discovered that the 2nd through 4th members of my party simply would not budge, and my lead character could only walk away without them. Finally, after a number of minutes of attacking the scripts and trying to make them put my party back to rights, I tried using 'Take out of Town' in the character editor, and when I reached another town, the party was working again, much to my relief.

My conclusions are that the lair of the Fiend really is deadly, and that the relocate call is very bad for the party.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
Now you may be closer to understanding the true nature of the Fiend. Expanding the interactive aspect of the game is difficult, but Smoo definitely took a step in the right direction with this one.

*this message recommends stepping away from the traps, or avoiding them completely*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.