Theres a script error in Cresent Valley

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Theres a script error in Cresent Valley
Apprentice
Member # 5765
Profile #0
Hey everyone, I would just like to inform the creator and others that there is a script error in Cresent Valley. As I attempt to kill the leader of the bandits (In the Cresent Bowl), Windows (The OS) gives me an an error saying

"Unhandled Exception C0000005 ; At Address 004492a8"

Whats that! and can anyone correct this issue. This has happened after my thrid attempt to kill him. After that, I came here to report it. I need to kill this guy in order to move on in the game so it would be nice if someone can look up on this please. Thanks
Apprentice
Member # 5766
Profile #1
I managed to kill him my first try by standing down the hallway and shooting him to death. Given the way you describe the problem, I'm not sure if it'll, help, but who knows? Worth a try I guess.
Apprentice
Member # 5765
Profile #2
No effect... If magic kills him, If an arrow kills him or if a melee unit kills him, if he dies, I get that error...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
This is very likely not a "script" error precisely — it's a BoA error. In general these are very hard to track down for designers, and they're caused by very odd things.

For this one, leaving and coming back later seems to help, for reasons as yet unknown.

EDIT: Wait... no... I have a theory, though. My guess is that running clear_town from a creature script breaks Win-BoA. If only I had a PC to test this with....

Either that, or it's something with the bmp file that holds the bandit leader's graphic.

Previous discussion of this

[ Friday, April 29, 2005 15:28: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #4
Hmmmm. I'll take a look at clear_town() within the creature script. I guess, if that ends up being the culprit, I can loop through and 'erase' each of the surviving creatures once the leader is dead - hopefully that will not have the same effect for some people.

EDIT: Could this be caused by a particular version (I'm running Win 1.0.3 and don't get the error however I try to kill the guy)? I seem to recall having some issues with 1.0.2.

Mike

[ Saturday, April 30, 2005 02:55: Message edited by: MikeS ]
Apprentice
Member # 5765
Profile #5
Well... It seems as if I was using BOA v1.0.1, could this be my problem? Is there a patch I could download, because I hate to redownload the whole thing (56k :( )

Edit: Updated to Win BOA v1.0.3 and still having the same error... Why is it you guys don't get it yet I do?

[ Saturday, April 30, 2005 06:16: Message edited by: TheresABug ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Well, obviously, I don't trigger this error because I have a Mac. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00