Looking for a scenario with a lot of towns ( Mac user )

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Looking for a scenario with a lot of towns ( Mac user )
Apprentice
Member # 5750
Profile #0
Hi !
Does anyone know something like that? I loved cities like Formello,Kriszan, Almaria, Loreilei and places like the mighty Tower of Magi or fort emergence...

[ Thursday, April 28, 2005 23:51: Message edited by: fuiz ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Well, hmm. "Cresent Valley" isn't exactly a great scenario, but it does have a lot of towns in it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5750
Profile #2
:lol:
Thanks, I'm gonna download it !
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
It sounds like you're looking for an "epic" scenario in the style of the original trilogy. So am I, but I guess I will have a long wait.

That's the reason why [shameful confession]I've never really liked BoE or BoA[/shameful confession]. The only scenarios that have a realistic chance of being finished and released in a playable state are the small focussed ones. That's because it takes months of full time work to produce an epic like the trilogy, whereas scenarios designers work for love in their spare time.

The small focussed scenarios can often be very high quality, with loads of great new ideas (it is obvious which ones I'm talking about, they're the subjects of their own threads). But they just aren't as absorbing or as satisfying as the trilogy.

quote:
Originally written by Spiderweb newsletter:

... we will finally return to the mighty task of completing Avernum 4. This will be a huge game, and we're very excited about (and terrified of) working on it...
Now that's what I'm really waiting for...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
A number of BoE scenarios are as large as E1 or E2, and a few have even equalled E3's size. I expect that someday some BoA scenarios will do the same (and I'm hoping to make one myself).

Speaking of the newsletter, I don't seem to be subscribed to it anymore. Anyone feel like forwarding the most recent newsletter to me? (Once you do so, post, so that I won't get dozens of them.)

And because I know that I have to say this, even though it should be assumed, yes, I did just re-subscribe, but they won't send me old newsletters, just new ones.

[ Friday, April 29, 2005 10:21: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
Well I haven't gotten a newsletter in months maybe since last year. Are they still coming out?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

A number of BoE scenarios are as large as E1 or E2, and a few have even equalled E3's size.
Specifically: At the Gallows, the Adventurer's Club trilogy (Adventurer's Club 3 is actually larger than Exile 3 if you measure size by total number of towns and dungeons), the Spheres trilogy (Riddle of the Spheres, Quests of the Spheres and Destiny of the Spheres), and a couple of others.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #7
I received newsletters in November 04 and yesterday (announcing the release of GF3 for Mac, somewhat belatedly).

I have just forwarded the newsletter to Kelandon, so don't send any more now!

Yes I played those BoE scenarios and I'm very pleased they were made (I liked the whole world created in the spheres scenarios). But they do take a long time to write and I think "someday" is a good indication of how soon we can expect them for BoA. Scripting is harder to get to grips with than special nodes.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4