Skill purchasing

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Skill purchasing
Apprentice
Member # 309
Profile #0
Are there any lists of spots where you can train skills?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
http://desperance.net/imban/boa/

It would be under "Skill Trainers."

I should have this in my links list and don't. Time to update.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 309
Profile #2
Thanks, but I was hoping to find actual locations of the skills in the scenarios. I've played though most of them but the skills I've gained don't really match what I see in that list.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
In that case, no. You could construct one by looking at scenario scripts, examining the stores as they are built up in the START_SCEN_STATE, look for stores that sell items in the 5000 range, and figure out where those stores are, but as far as I know, no one has done that for all scenarios yet.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #4
It would be a nice add for HLPM's library if one could read about the skills in the books.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Not going to happen, sorry. :(

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
So you know how skill trainers work, they'll train you up to that number of bought ranks in a skill. Therefore, the Dexterity trainer in Roses of Reckoning will only be able to train you in Dexterity if you've never once bought a single rank of it, either with money or with skill points.

The ones marked "+1" or so I'm not completely sure whether I have a complete list of, but they're just scenario specials that add to a skill. These always work.

EDIT: The reason there is no exact location provided for these skill trainers is that I felt knowing the scenario they're in would be enough. Sort of a "checklist" to make sure you'd gotten everything, I guess.

If you just want to become stronger, Kelandon has a High Level Party Maker for that.

[ Sunday, April 24, 2005 07:05: Message edited by: Imban ]
Apprentice
Member # 309
Profile #7
I don't really want to become that much stonger, I can handle anything with the occasional invulnerability potion anyway, but I'm pretty thorough and I must be missing quite a few things because I've missed a lot of the skills mentioned there.