Calculations

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Calculations
Warrior
Member # 4886
Profile #0
This has probably been discussed before, but can any tell me where to find a list (if one exists) of calculations concerning how damage is calculated in relation to melee/strength skills (or other skills if possible) of your characters etc?

I'm specifically, wondering about how skills such as Magery or Gymnastics affect your fighting skills.

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 13:26: Message edited by: Kalinging ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Er, Magery doesn't affect your melee ability, as far as I know. For magic, each point of Magery gives +1 to your Bonus on both mage and priest spells.

As for Gymnastics, I *think* each point gives +5% to hit, +5% to evade and +1 to initiative, but haven't tested it.

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 13:30: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
These are really common questions perhaps somebody should create an article outlining all the base values and skill effects on characters abilities. Some of its in the manual I think but who looks there.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I'm willing to add this content to the Player FAQ. I guess I'll have to dig around old topics to get to the place where this has been answered before.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #4
That would be really helpful. Iv been playing Avernum Exile games for a long time, but still don't understand all the nuances of damage and skill effects. Probably most players don't entirely understand the system.

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 15:12: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.