Linearity is God's Gift to Humanity!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Linearity is God's Gift to Humanity!
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #0
"Linearity is God's gift to humanity."

Defend or refute.
Please do so in this thread as a curtesy to our fellow board users, please confine our discussion to this thread.

For the purposes of this debate:
1) "Linear" means a scenario with a single storyline that is the same, and done more or less the same order every time it is played.
2) "God's gift to humanity" means the same thing as "a really good thing" and should be considered without prejudice to any religion, sect, cult, theological or philisophical position, or lack thereof, nor to any creatures outside of the species h. sapiens (or h. sapiens sapiens, depending on how you feel about the different taxinomical classifications) who happen to play Blades of Avernum or make scenarios for it.

NB: While I know this may seem kinda tounge in cheek, I am trying to concentrate this argument in one thread so that we can let the rest of the board return to its main function.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
I will accomplish this with a thread you will see soon.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00