monsters in blades of avernun

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: monsters in blades of avernun
Apprentice
Member # 5378
Profile #0
I recently started to play blades of avernun. And while i was wandering trough the ruins of a school(valley of dying things) i came across gremlins... I've played exile I,II and III and in none of these gremlins could cast spells, i tought that gremlins where just dumb creatures(thats how they are in exile)that steal food,and couldn't cast magic... now they not only steal food but also cast magic.... please tell me why.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #1
Because just like anything else, things will differ from game to game, and because J_V as you affectionatly term him is a veritable genius :eek:

However, Welcome and all that follows along with that.
;)

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
:) Welcome J_V Boy
I wonder how somebody can get a one-star rating with only one post, a harmless question, neither insulting nor spammy. What a stupid idea to judge a person by one single post. T_T

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
These, presumably, are a different breed of gremlins. After all, they look different from the gremlins in the Trilogy. They are apparently magic-users.

But you'll run into this a lot in BoA, as m's avatar indicated. It's very easy to change the stats of default monsters or create monsters that resemble old ones but are different.

Wait until you see the pseudo-alien beasts. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
As you probably observed, these gremlins are in some very strange conditions. They are basically experimental creatures that bred themselves in the school using magic as nourishment. They are definitely different from the food stealing variety, or the confusing ray kind.

But there are some of the latter on the level, I think. In case you didn't know, the guards in VoDT have been weakened considerably so that a low level party could deal with them, though still with some difficulty.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.