A rule in the contest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A rule in the contest
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
I noticed an odd rule for the scenario design contest while I was reading the official rules, and I was wondering what everyone thinks about it.
quote:
The submitted scenario (and extra graphics file) can be at most 3 MB in size (though you may want to read Hints below).
Does he mean the uncompressed version or the compressed version? Both Canopy and Bahssikava are well over 3 MB uncompressed, and Canopy stuffs to about 2.4 MB... it's not inconceivable that someone could make a scenario that would compress to something over that limit.

Either way, isn't this a kind of wacky rule?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
The 1.2 MB limit for BoE scenarios for the design contest was the compressed limit. I agree, this is low, however, if we have enough community support to increase the size, say to 5 MB compressed, this would be a lot more reasonable and we could get a rule change.

[ Saturday, January 08, 2005 17:06: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00