VoDT Help!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: VoDT Help!!
Apprentice
Member # 5209
Profile #0
I have the crystal of power, but what do I do with it? And how do I get the controls in the Waste Repository to work? And where are the main controls?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Go right to the bottom of the school. After negotiating a series of caves you'll find a control room where you can turn on the power in the Major Waste Repository. Return to the Repository and you'll be able to use the Crystal of Power there.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I find it kind of funny that VoDT, which is the only scenario that comes with a walkthrough (in the file Blades of Avernum Manual.pdf, Chapter 12: Hint Book For the Demo), is the scenario that gets the most help topics posted about it.

At any rate...

I think all of your questions will be answered if you head down to the Experiment Halls and exit through the south. Fight your way through the tunnel and you'll get the answer to all three of your questions.

You can get to the Experiment Halls by taking the right-most of the descending stairs in the southern end of the Student Quarters, and then walking straight across the Libraries level to the stairs in the southeast corner. From there. You will need a key to get through the doors. If you want help on getting that key, post again.

EDIT: Eh, just after Thuryl. :rolleyes:

[ Tuesday, November 16, 2004 20:24: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5209
Profile #3
Ok, I need help to find the key!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
If you do not have the Opening Stone: go down the cave slope in the Libraries near the stairway leading to the Experiment Halls; then follow through with what you find there until you get the Opening Stone.

Use the Stone in the Libraries to open the front gate. Go to the northeastern-most room and place a textbook on the rug that doesn't have a textbook on it already. (If you don't have a textbook, you can get one from behind a secret passage in the meditation cells in the Student Quarters above the Libraries.) You should get a key from this.

[ Tuesday, November 16, 2004 21:48: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5209
Profile #5
Thanks a lot for your help. I completed VoDT, and small rebellion not long after.
Apprentice
Member # 5209
Profile #6
Thanks a lot for your help. I completed VoDT, and small rebellion not long after.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #7
quote:
Written by Kelandon:
I find it kind of funny that VoDT, which is the only scenario that comes with a walkthrough (in the file Blades of Avernum Manual.pdf, Chapter 12: Hint Book For the Demo), is the scenario that gets the most help topics posted about it.

Perhaps it is the fact that you don't have to regster to play this scenario so more people play it. I personally found it the least straitforwards as well, and somehow going through a walkthrough always feels more like I'm cheating than going and asking an inane question :) .

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."