Illuminati

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Illuminati
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
Sometimes, hanging around on these boards, I think I detect veiled hints and rumors about, like, secret societies or something.

So I wondered. Anyone here ever play the old Steve Jackson game, Illuminati?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I've played it and it's fun, but it gets most of the organizations so wrong it's just not realistic. It's also missing some of the better conspiracies, but I suppose that's to be expected.

—Alorael, who also tried to get his family to join in. His assorted parents, siblings, and cousins mostly made odd faces and gave each other significant glances, then declined the offer. Very strange.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #2
By SoT:
quote:
So I wondered. Anyone here ever play the old Steve Jackson game, Illuminati?
No, although I have played Jackson's Munchkin. :)

Anyway, you learn something new everyday. Today I found that I've been wrong for a long time and that Operation Sundevil actually had nothing to do with the Secret Service raid on Steve Jackson Games.

--------------------
Everyone starts as a Level 1 Human with no class. (Heh, heh.)
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #3
If you're interested, here's an interview with Steve Jackson scanned from Games Master International August 1990 which reveals all.