Ocean Bound

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ocean Bound
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Can-ned Food:
-Can-ned Food is making each post worthwhile, even on such simple threads. Either that, or trying to increase his post count, apparently.
Was that an attempt to do an Alorael? Such things are dangerous and not to be attempted by beginners.

—Kelandon, who is demonstrating the proper way to annoy Alorael.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I only take offense when it's clearly copying and not imitation. Well, or when it's so incompetently done that it's really only funny.

—Alorael, who hadn't thought about Stained Glass in years. That truly is a great way to waste hours and hours in a Tetris-like stupor, only without the panic and reflexes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5750
Profile #27
I think this post is quite old, but I really wanted to say that I've tried Galactic Core and found apple II's othello better, and , most of all that Ocean Bound really, really, really, really, really sucked; It's price did even more suck : I first thought it was a joke.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #28
I once played quite a few levels of Ocean Bound (just demo ones, of course). I have a faint memory of building lots of bridges and harvesting lots of grain. It was okay as a puzzle game, but got tedious after a while.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
It's an easy puzzle game mixed with a slow reflex game and a tedious waiting game. What's not to love about Ocean Bound?

—Alorael, who admits that he has no idea how to classify it. It doesn't stand out in any genre. Maybe it's a slightly more complicated aimless waster of spare time.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #30
There was something soothing about watching the seasons turn as your grain ripened. If it had come out in 1980 we might be reminiscing fondly about how great it was, and how kids today have missed out on what was really the best computer gaming experience, back when disks were floppy and pixels were fat.

[ Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:04: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
When your favourite thing about a game is that you can literally watch grass grow in it, it's obviously not much fun.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #32
There is more to life than fun.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #33
That sounded uncomfortably like a rebuke. Did I say something I shouldn't have? I meant no offence (well, not to you, anyway).

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
I think he was indicating the possibility of meditating upon the mechanics of Ocean Bound in order to achieve clarity of mind, as one would do with a Zen koan — because, after all, they share a number of aspects in common, including paradoxical and occasionally maddening surface appearances.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
If Ocean Bound is the way to nirvana, it's going to take a little more samsara to get me ready.

—Alorael, who thought the Buddha advocated the middle path. Ocean Bound comes pretty close to the computer game equivalent of extreme asceticism.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #36
My denigration of fun was no rebuke! It just seemed to be the only remark I had left once I had painted myself into the corner of praising Ocean Bound. I give up and admit: it's a negative pressure game.

--------------------

Pages