Unresponsive Doors

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Unresponsive Doors
Warrior
Member # 118
Profile #0
Ahh... It's good to be back after the year or so my computer's been down. Anyway, here's my question. In several places when I approach a door it fails to open; my main and most current example being the doors in the Sealed Lab. If theres a key somewhere, the guidebook fails to mention it and I haven't notice a Servant mind anywhere. Perhaps I missed him? (The main reason I'm asking is I'm searching for all the drayk canisters, so if you could guide me in it's direction specificaly I would most appreciate it) :)

[ Monday, June 20, 2005 21:17: Message edited by: Bane of Irony ]

--------------------
Sometimes silence speaks volumes.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
You can find detailed walkthroughs for all areas in Shrodinger's faq http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/562951.html

The section on Sealed Labs contains step by step directions on where to go and what control panels to use.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #2
The sealed lab is quite obvious: there's a control panel just SE of where the naughty necroshaper stands.

But there's indeed atleast one area, where two doors have no key, no controll panel, no servant mind, and no bloody levers, either!
I'm talking about Icewalls here. There's a door in the NW corner, leading to the west, and a building at the SW, with a door in its southern wall. Neither of these opens, no matter what. Anyone has an idea? Or should i email Jeff?

--------------------
Q: What happens if i cast Domination on a Submission Vlish or Submission Turret?

A: It's not THAT kind of game, you tentacled pervert!
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #3
To open these doors, you need to trigger the Sholai attack in the Western Workshop. To do this, get the entry baton and refuse to cooperate with the shade that appears. If you've previously gotten the entry baton somewhere else, you can't open those doors without manually changing SDFs. Unfortunately, the scripts aren't clear on which SDF controls those doors, so you may never be able to get in without starting over.

(706)
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #4
Arrrgh! Not fair! :={ I already got the entry baton from the southern workshop!

Well, as i'm not gonna start the game over because of two doors, can anypne tell me what's behind them? Also, what's an SDF?

[ Saturday, August 27, 2005 23:16: Message edited by: Chesh ]

--------------------
Q: What happens if i cast Domination on a Submission Vlish or Submission Turret?

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
I don't think there's anything particularly interesting behind the doors.

An SDF is a Stuff Done Flag. It's a value that Geneforge stores in a saved game in order to record whether something has happened or not. For pretty much everything you can do that the game remembers, a different SDF is associated with it.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #6
There's a small bunch of warriors behind both doors. Cannon fodder sholai. No big items, except maybe some coins, and possibly a dagger or something else.

Getting them open doesn't make a difference in your game, unless you really really like complete maps.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Apprentice
Member # 6232
Profile #7
Hmm, say... if the baton from the western workshop opens those, maybe the one from the souther workshop has a similar "extra' to it as well? Any door you can open with it but not with the one from the west?

--------------------