Phentermine

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Phentermine
Apprentice
Member # 7941
Profile #0
I see many of your readers are interesting about medications and medicines, so now I going to touch that theme
information about medicines:
Phentermine is a drug primarily used as an appetite suppressant. Chemically, it is an amphetamine (and a phenethylamine). It is typically prescribed for individuals who are at increased medical risk because of their weight, as opposed to cosmetic weight loss. Phentermine is sold either as an immediate-release formulation (Adipex) or as a slow-release resin (Ionamin, Duromine in Australia and New Zealand).
Mechanism of action
Phentermine, like many other prescription drugs, works with neurotransmitters in the brain. It is a centrally-acting stimulant and is a constitutional isomer of methamphetamine. It stimulates neuron bundles to release a particular group of neurotransmitters known as catecholamines; these include dopamine, epinephrine (also known as adrenalin), and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). The anorectic activity seen with these compounds would thus seem likely due to this effect on the central nervous system, which is consistent with current knowledge about central nervous system systems and feeding behavior. This is the same mechanism of action as other stimulant appetite suppressants such as diethylpropion and phendimetrazine. The neurotransmitters signal a fight-or-flight response in the body which, in turn, puts a halt to the hunger signal. As a result, it causes a loss in appetite because the brain does not receive the hunger message.
Clinical use
Generally, it is recommended by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that phentermine should be used short-term (usually interpreted as 'up to 12 weeks'), while following nonpharmacological approaches to weight loss such as healthy dieting and exercise. However, recommendations limiting its use for short-term treatment may be controversial. One reason given behind limiting its use to 12 weeks is drug tolerance, whereby phentermine loses its appetite-suppressing effects after the body adjusts to the drug. On the contrary, it has been shown that phentermine did not lose effectiveness in a 36-week trial. Due to the risk of insomnia, it is generally recommended that the drug be taken either before breakfast or 1-2 hours after breakfast.
Another medications are:
Clomiphene citrate is an orally administered medication. The initial dosage is 50 mg per day for five days, from day three to seven of the woman's cycle. The dose may be increased in subsequent cycles if the minimum dose does not result in ovulation.

Butalbital and aspirin combination is a pain reliever and relaxant. It is used to treat tension headaches. Butalbital belongs to the group of medicines called barbiturates . Barbiturates act in the central nervous system (CNS) to produce their effects.

Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders attacks, Anxiety disorders are characterized by unrealistic worry and apprehension, causing symptoms of restlessness, aches, trembling, shortness of breath, smothering sensation, palpitations, sweating, cold clammy hands, lightheadedness, flushing, exaggerated startle responses, problems concentrating, and insomnia. Panic attacks occur either unexpectedly or in certain situations (i.e. driving), and can require higher dosages of alprazolam.
Norco is prescribed for moderate to moderately severe pain. This is available in tablet, capsule, and liquid form and is taken every 4-6 hours by mouth.
If you want more information you can visit Wikipedia and ram a bone down your throat.
Thanks

:)

Edit: No problem, pleasure's all mine.

[ Monday, January 22, 2007 08:52: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #1
You know, something tells me we're dealing with a bot here...

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Begone, spammer.

IMAGE(http://ermarian.net/images/humor/thread/aran_islands.jpg)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.