Re: Synergy's Massive Topic

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Re: Synergy's Massive Topic
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #0
I know in advance that this will probably be locked, but as a principled person I have to announce some of my thoughts regarding Synergy's massive, now locked, topic wherein he tried to defend his beliefs against the onslaught of scientific and rhetorical arguments. I posted only once in that topic, in sympathetic tone to Synergy, and for good reason.

Alorael, I applaud you for taking a relatively fair tone in comparison with everyone else. I felt your compulsion as well to respond to Synergy's statements, but you addressed that with more eloquence than I could have.

Kelandon, after I realized your initial suggestion for Synergy to take a course, any course, in any scientific field was merely a jest, I laughed a bit. I do not blame you for your then obdurate rebuttals to Synergy's posts, but I doubt you gave Synergy's arguments and beliefs enough honest consideration. As a final, minor complement, you did lighten your tone and posted with less frequency as the topic flew off its rails.

VCH, your posts were few, conciliatory, and neutral, and I thought your voice was very well reasoned though not as impassioned.

Student of Trinity, I dole onto you the same praise I did VCH, but to an even greater degree.

Slarty, I thought you jumped on the bandwagon and were harsh. I am not confident of whether that is true, though.

To those who randomly interjected, I am annoyed at, and yet considerate of, the insertion of your own views, which were propounded with a tone suggesting that you believed your insight would resolve everything, into the vehement debate.

Alec, I know you were being your same old, seemingly heartless, rhetorical automaton self. I have not seen you engage so deeply for a long time, though. You did not even take such an aggressive posture towards Tullelogar. Maybe you disagreed with Synergy that much, or maybe you were just feeling especially malicious. Either way you committed faults of exaggeration and unnecessary instances of hyperbole and appeals to pathos.

To all who opposed Synergy, I think you all utterly missed the point. Synergy made many faults in my eyes as well in various ways, but you all still missed the point. That is all I will say on that.

Synergy, I actually am interested in discussing this topic with you for the sole purpose of understanding what stance you take. I am fascinated with your commitment to the topic even in the face of so much argument. On some areas I think we can agree, though in others, by necessity, we cannot. Your decision to erase your own, lengthy posts was a little hasty in my opinion, but I will not judge that for now.

=====================

Scorpius, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what you posted. I just do not approve.

EDIT: Please don't turn this into a flame war.

[ Wednesday, December 13, 2006 20:59: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #1
It's not our fault he's goofed in the head

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

Alec, I know you were being your same old, seemingly heartless, rhetorical automaton self. I have not seen you engage so deeply for a long time, though. You did not even take such an aggressive posture towards Tullelogar. Maybe you disagreed with Synergy that much, or maybe you were just feeling especially malicious. Either way you committed faults of exaggeration and unnecessary instances of hyperbole and appeals to pathos.
I was going to editorialize on this, but I came to realize that your monument to militant tepidity was beyond my meager power to add or subtract and abandoned the effort.

I'd congratulate you, but you seem to regard any enthusiasm as some kind of an insult, so...
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Really, I killed this for a reason. There is no further point to discuss these matters publicly as the main proponent has made it entirely clear he no longer wishes to discuss them.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00