Soccer/Football Question.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Soccer/Football Question.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
On a penalty kick, after the shot can the shooter play the ball again and score? The rules say not until it touches another player. But does this mean the goal keeper, such as with a deflection off the goalie?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #1
Yes.

"The penalty kick is a form of direct free kick, meaning that a goal may be scored directly from it. If a goal is not scored, play continues as usual. As with all free kicks, the kicker may not play the ball a second time, until it has been touched by another player, even after a rebound from the posts".
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Right - a deflection off of the goalie counts - off of the post does not.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
Man! I wish I'd known that. I looked so foolish on Friday just letting the shooter come in and score after a rebound. I just assumed it was like a hockey penalty shot. Where the shooter can only touch the puck once no matter what happens after the shot. Stupid soccer rules lol.

[ Saturday, October 28, 2006 19:14: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.