Blasphlemy!?! (Ver T)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Blasphlemy!?! (Ver T)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #0
Belated, yes. But still the poll must be taken. Vote for the funniest (or otherwise your favorite) two captions for the self declared "unfunny" picture below. Correct answers will be rewarded accordingly.

IMAGE(http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/pachydermusjosephinus/SnowyBikes-1.jpg)

[ Friday, September 01, 2006 08:06: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 47 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=OEWxiTUXpzxN"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=OEWxiTUXpzxN"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #1
I think the photo is a scam. Under the microscope I didn't find any studded tires - a must for those jalopies.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #2
Those can be seen here in winter. It's usually possible to clean the snow with your gloved hand and put a plastic bag over the saddle (or whatever you call it).

My only frustrating experience with bicycles and snow is when I once tried to cycle to an exam in 10 centimeters of wet snow. I didn't get there in time. Otherwise cycling in frozen snow that's been walked on is not so different from cycling in other times. It's just more slippery, especially if there isn't sand in it. But usually not too slippery.

Unless there's something in that picture that I didn't get...
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #3
*feels duty-bound to defend photo's authenticity*

It's no scam! A friend of mine took it. You don't need studded tyres to cycle on snow. As you can see, the road has been gritted and the snow isn't even very deep. Anyway, as Milu says, it's not too difficult to cycle on hard packed snow.

--------------------
I think this is really wonderful.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #4
Fine, it is possible to ride a bike in snow. However it is very unlikely that over 15 people would choose the same snowy day to say "Hey! This is the perfect day to ride to a bike to school. No way will I ride a crappy warm and solid bus when I have this perfectly cold and possibly unstable twin wheeled device available to me right after I thaw out the tires enough that they become detached from that pesky permafrost."

So... there! :P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #5
Oh is that what's confusing people. It isn't a school, it's student accommodation. (I know, isn't it posh?) The snowy bikes are probably there because people have decided to take the bus.

Nyerr boo.

( :P )

--------------------
I think this is really wonderful.